Saturday, January 30, 2010

Simple, Chic Headbands

Last night all my friends went out on dates...and I talked on the phone to my boyfriend who lives in Utah...and made headbands. Can life get any better? I submit that it can not. Anyway, I had a great time and I just thought I'd post about it!


STEP ONE: take a trip to joanns and pick up all the cute fabrics on sale this week.

STEP TWO: Bring all that FaBuLoUs fabric home. Then, cut a circle out of the fabric of your choice. The circle should be from 3-5 inches in diameter, depending on the size of flower you want.

STEP THREE: Fold two sides of the circle in towards the middle until they're touching. From there, just fold the other ends of the circle until you have a flower shaped object in your hands. TIP:::::You should fold the flower 6 times---6 petals!

STEP FOUR: Slip a few stiches through the middle of your flower, ensuring that it will stay in place. TIP:::::use the side with the folds facing you for the top of your flower.

STEP FIVE: Add any kind of bedazzle you want to your flowers!









STEP SIX: Hot-glue your flowers together in whatever places you want. After they are dry, glue the entire piece onto your headband! Voila, a new accessory! Can it get any better?



















I know it's hard to tell, but there are 3 layers of black tulle under the orange flower....SUPER cute in person, I totally recommend using tulle WhEnEvEr you can!






I loved this one so much I had to put an extra picture of just how adorable it is!!!





Total accomplished: 9 headbands, 27 flowers, 4 hours. Worth it? DEFINITELY!
On a side note: Before I started I also beat Guitar Hero on expert.


My lil' sis Kolee volunteered to be my model for these headbands. I was just too tired and ugly to pose for a picture. Plus, she's about 10000 times cuter than I am.


Ahhhh that green turquise plaid combo is KILLER!



And so is the red and teal combo!!! Wedding colors??? Maybe.



Isn't she adorable? Couldn't have asked for a better model. :)

3 comments:

  1. Keri, I love your blog. What a great idea. You have officially become my mentor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm so cute! You should have called me... I have been DYiNG to find someone that wants to make headbands and has an amazing idea how

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE headbands! such fun fabric!

    ReplyDelete