Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Boring Bookshelf to Bomb Bookshelf

In my room was this very cute, but incredibly worn out bookshelf. I decided it was time to turn this worn out guy into a new and improved place for my books to live. I mean, it is their home afterall, they deserve a nice place to hang out.

Step One:

Clean off the dust, germs, and other miscellaneous gross stuff that would stop me from finishing the project.


Step Two:

Add a VERY liberal coat of spray paint to my newly cleaned bookshelf! It was already 100x better.



Step Three:

Pick out some cute paper to go with my decor de boudoire.


STEP FOUR:

Glue paper to desk with Mod Podge and then proceed to add about 6 coats of Mod Podge.
Secret Tip: It says to wait 20 minutes between coats, but I just did one shelf after the other and by the time I finished the last one it had been 10 minutes and I just started the whole process over again. WAY QUICKER.



STEP FIVE:


Fill my VERY cute new bookshelf with part of my literary collection.




STEP SIX:


Step back and admire my new piece of furniture.



Thank you Mod Podge and Scrapbooks ETC for all your help in this project. I couldn't have done it without you. Now...what to do about my mirror...

1 comment:

  1. so cute keri!
    I am in desperate need of a new craft so keep posting, give me some ideas!! :)

    ReplyDelete